- 1 pound peeled carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 pound peeled parsnips, cut into 1 inch wide by 2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds multicolor baby potatoes, washed and dried, cut in half if some are on the larger side
- 1 small butternut squash, skin removed and cut into 2-3 inch pieces (or 1 package of peeled, cut up squash)
- 5 shallots, outer skin removed, cut length wise
- 1 head of garlic, skin removed and cloves separated
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, or thyme if preferred
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all the vegetables in a large mixing bowl, add the oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and give them a good toss. Arrange the mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet. If they don't all fit use two baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until all vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to a large serving platter and serve warm.