- 1 tablespoon butter, plus more to grease the loaf pan
- 1/2 cup of Rocket Farm's Chives (Already cut and offered year round!)
- 1 heaping tbsp. Rocket Farms Fresh Rosemary (finely minced)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Optional: add 1/8 pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F; grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with butter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat; once melted, add the chives and cook until softened but not browned, about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, black pepper, and rosemary in a medium bowl and set aside. Whisk together the milk, melted butter, and eggs in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the milk/butter/egg mixture until loose consistency forms. Add the minced chives/rosemary mix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes in the loaf pan, then remove the bread from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.