- 3 or 4 small to medium heirloom tomatoes, in assorted colors, cored and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 small English or regular cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup 3/4-inch-cubed yellow or red seedless watermelon flesh
- 1 Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed fresh herbs, in any combination: basil, tarragon, chives, and cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, watermelon, avocado, and herbs. In a spice grinder, grind the coriander seeds to a fine powder. Add the ground coriander to the tomato mixture and toss gently.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the tomato mixture and toss to coat evenly. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving.
4 to 6
For a mild vinaigrette, remove the seeds from the jalapeño before mincing because that is where the heat lies.
For more information: Epicurious - Tomato and Watermelon Salad