Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. General
  2. Monday, 21 June 2021
  3.  Subscribe via email
AKBun
I went into a big box store & bought two venus fly trap plants today. I already have a few VFT's at home & I was looking forward to new additions.

I was so shocked to see the condition the VFT's were in. I purchased the two best plants out of the 15 on the shelf. Most of the plants had turned black w/ very little green left. The lighting where they are placed is too dark. They look unhealthy from the travel, lack of lighting, food, & fresh air.

I am considering going in tomorrow & making an offer to purchase the remaining plants because the plants may not make it very much longer in the current environment. The good news is the VFT's I bought were SUPER hungry! The traps closed instantly when I fed them. I hope they bounce back & I can rescue the rest.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I just bought one from big box...what do you feed it? It seems the tube is small and I cant imagine a fly will find its way in. Does it eat ants?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Some flies are way to big. I feed them [this is gross] half pcs of meal worms or other bugs. If it's a smaller fly, after you catch it you, freeze it for couple of min to stun it. Keeps it from flying out.

You can purchase mealworms from pet stores or stores like WM sell dried meal worms.

I read that Beta fish pellets, not the flakes, can be moistened & fed to the traps. Might want to research that I am in trial stage myself.

Note of caution: I have read mealworms can possibly eat their way out. Also, ensure the meal is in the trap & not sticking out; otherwise, bacteria will grow & kill the trap.

Have fun!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.