Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. Flowers/Trees
  2. Tuesday, 28 February 2017
  3.  Subscribe via email
Ignatius
I just received an orchid as a gift. It is about 2 ft tall and in full bloom. The pot does not have holes in the bottom. I read, though, that you should only repot when flowering is done...June, July. How important is it to have holes in the pot?
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us! Holes are important as they promote proper drainage. Inside the decorative pot which they are sold in, our orchids are planted in grower pots. They are plastic with a hole in the bottom and are usually placed in the decorative pot with no holes. This ensures proper drainage while being able to have a decorative pot with no holes. If your decorative pot is missing the plastic grower pot, I suggest transplanting into a similar pot size with a drainage hole. You can also add small amounts of water each time you water although,it is better to water thoroughly each time you water.

-Rocket Farms
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 1
Ignatius Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Thank you! That answers my question 100%!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.