Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. General
  2. Monday, 13 February 2017
  3.  Subscribe via email
Carmel Breathnach
Some of the leaves of my succulent are drooping, like as if they are heavy/ no life. It appears the plant is lighter in color in these parts. I have it placed in a bright location with some sunlight though not too much. I water it once a week. Just a little water. It came in a white bowl. Is there sufficient draining in these white bowls? Any suggestions? Carmel
Carmel Breathnach Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
This sounds like good advice. I will give these a try. Thank you!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 1
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Drooping leaves on succulents usually means that the plant is being over-watered. We would not suggest to water the plant from the bottom as the roots may get too saturated and drown-- eventually causing the leaves to fall off. Instead, try watering from the top once a week with only 1/3 cup of water while keeping it in bright, direct sunlight. Proper drainage could also be a factor. If there are no drainage holes at the bottle of the white ceramic pot, try adding a layer of rocks/gravel to the bottom of the pot to act as drainage.

We hope this helps to revive your succulent!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
The form here is not allowing my photo to upload as it's saying it's too big. I'm not sure what to do about that. I just need advice on the succulent I'm referring to and another one that I have here, which I also bought on the same day and is having some issues. I have photos of both but I can't upload them. The leaves on the bottom right hand side of the plant drooped and were heavy and now they are just dry and brittle. I touched one this a.m and it came out in my fingers. I placed the plant on to the window where it will get some direct light. I'm not sure if the problem is over-watering or under-watering or light related. The soil is very dry. Some friends suggest the plant might not have enough drainage but I purchased the plant in this pot in Whole Foods. I water it from the bottom but replace it into the white pot immediately after watering. Thanks!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Here is the succulent I'm referring to. I hope the photo comes through! The leaves on the bottom right hand side of the photo drooped and were heavy and now they are just dry and brittle. I touched one this a.m and it came out in my fingers. I placed the plant on to the window where it will get some direct light. I'm not sure if the problem is over-watering or under-watering or light related. The soil is very dry. Some friends suggest the plant might not have enough drainage but I purchased the plant in this pot in Whole Foods. I water it from the bottom but replace it into the white pot immediately after watering. Thanks!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Here is the succulent I'm referring to. I hope the photo comes through! The leaves on the bottom right hand side of the photo drooped and were heavy and now they are just dry and brittle. I touched one this a.m and it came out in my fingers. I placed the plant on to the window where it will get some direct light. I'm not sure if the problem is over-watering or under-watering or light related. The soil is very dry. Some friends suggest the plant might not have enough drainage but I purchased the plant in this pot in Whole Foods. I water it from the bottom but replace it into the white pot immediately after watering. Thanks!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 5
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello,

We are sorry to hear about the condition of your succulent. In order to better understand the problem, could you upload a picture of it to this forum? I can have the growers look at it and send you care information back.

Thanks!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.