Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. Flowers/Trees
  2. Monday, 29 August 2016
  3.  Subscribe via email
Holly
Hi! I recently purchased a campanula and it pretty quickly turned wilty, dry, and brittle. I really want it to flourish. The soil is pretty moist so it's not underwatered. I have it in a fairly sunny southeast-facing window. Is it likely too dry in my home, overwatered, or not getting enough sun? Thanks!
Attachments (1)
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Here are some tips for growing Campanula

With their happy nodding heads, Campanula, or bell flower plants, are cheery perennial flowers. The plant is native to many regions where cool nights and moderate temperatures prevail, creating ideal conditions for growing bellflowers.

Bell flowers will bloom heaviest in June and July but can delight you with flowers all the way into October in some areas. Master how to grow Campanella bell flowers for long-lasting alpine native flowers that will enliven the landscape in borders and rock gardens.

Campanula is a group of over 300 annual, biennial and perennial plants that span several sizes and colors. The primary characteristic is the upturned, open cup-shaped flowers in hues of pink and white but primarily lavender or light blue. The plants will spread over the seasons and the lower growing varieties make excellent ground cover. Most bell flowers begin blooming in July and keep on flowering until frost.

Conditions for Growing Bell flowers

Bell flowers perform best in USDA plant hardiness zones 4 and up but may grow in zone 3 with some protection. They are cold hardy plants that are useful specimens in areas with hard winters.

They require full sun for best flower production, and well-drained soil with moderate moisture. Once established, bell flower plants can tolerate periods of drought. Soil conditions for growing bell flowers can be any pH range, including highly acidic.

How to Grow Campanula Bell flowers

Campanula can grow from seed or from rhizomes. The tiny seeds should go in prepared soil in spring after all danger of frost has passed. Make sure to keep seedlings moderately moist when caring for bell flowers.

To plant rhizomes, sever them from the parent plant at a root node and bury the roots in the soil.

Bell flower Care

Caring for bell flowers does not require any expertise. As with most perennials, they are hardy plants that tolerate quite a lot of extreme weather and arid conditions.

Bell flower care includes deadheading to promote more blooms and a longer lasting display. You can also cut it down to the ground in late winter to early spring to rejuvenate the plant. Also, some varieties of bell flower have invasive potential and seed heads need to be removed before they spread.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.