Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. Flowers/Trees
  2. Thursday, 03 March 2016
  3.  Subscribe via email
CB
I received a beautiful Italian Stone Pine for Christmas and it seems to be shedding needles like crazy and looks very dry. I have been watering it regularly, and giving him plenty of sun but I am not sure what to do. This was given to me from an ill family member and I would like it to thrive as it was for our little girl.

Thanks for your help!
:)
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi CB,
Have you transplanted your stone pine? If not, transplanting into a larger pot or into the ground (if you live in USDA hardiness zones 8-11) would help allow for more root growth and also prevent the soil from drying out. If you live in a colder zone than 8, bring the pot indoors when the weather gets harsh in the winter. When there are too many roots in a pot, it is very easy for the plant to get dried out because there is no soil to hold onto the water. Italian stone pines love light and will grow very well when they have full sun. It they do not receive enough light, they can become stressed and may start to yellow. They do tolerate somewhat dry soil, but do not let the roots dry out for a long period of time. I hope this information helps you care for your stone pine and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 1
Rebecca Rink Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
We are concerned about the same thing, getting transplanted tonight, but the flocking is SO THICK, I don't see how it's getting any sun. Is there a way to remove it without killing the poor thing? It was a gift from a friend.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 2
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Rebecca,

For flock removal, you can try to use water to gently take it off as the flock is made up of organic material so it dissolves pretty easily in water. If this doesn’t work, you can leave it as is and the tree will grow through the flock eventually. Hope this helps!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.