Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. Flowers/Trees
  2. Monday, 22 February 2016
  3.  Subscribe via email
david
I have a process to dry the chrysanthemum flower to made tea, could I do the same for the leaves? I am concern with the leave composition. Have any one done so?
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
There are many interesting stories about this popular flower/food/herbal. One is about drinking tea when petals of this flower fell into a mountain stream in Hunan. Persons lucky enough to consume some lived for thirty years past their century mark; this story sends many folk to gardens and florists to locate them. Another chrysanthemum, the garland chrysanthemum, now has more than seven cultivars whose leaves can be small, round, broad, or so-called 'tiger ear.'

Not all chrysanthemum flowers are edible; nor are all of their leaves. Those with white or light yellow flowers almost always are, and they are often dried and used for tea, soups, or stews. Chinese like drinking their tea with fresh or dried flowers, and they love dining on their young leaves.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.