Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. Flowers/Trees
  2. Wednesday, 26 August 2015
  3.  Subscribe via email
Super User
Hi

Over a month, maybe closer to two months ago, I bought a bonsai from a grocery store with a Rocket Farms sticker on the bottom. It says "Bonsai Roma Collection", but I can't figure out what kind of tree/plant it is. I'm concerned because more than half of its original leaves have dropped off since purchase. The pictures attached show my plant and the instructions that came with it. (By "indirect light" I've assumed keeping it inside in a bright naturally lit room but without quite having a direct view of blue sky.) Can you help me identify it so I can figure out how to save it if it's in trouble?
Attachments (3)
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Dane,

The bonsai you have is a ficus tree bonsai. You may want to try moving your tree to a different location. It may not be getting enough sun. It is true that they do not like direct, hot sunlight, but they do love light. It is okay if it is in view of the sky as long as the sun does not beat down on it. Also, make sure not to over or under water you tree. This can lead to issues with the roots which can lead to dropping leaves. Please let us know if you have any other questions about its care!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 1
Super User Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Thank you! I moved it immediately.

I have to say, though, I thought I was watering it just as the directions describe. Once a week soaking the soil followed by letting it leak out the bottom thoroughly before putting it back in its outer pot. I'm not sure whether to water it more or less, but maybe I will try less, like once every 10 or so days. It has only 6 leaves left.

Update: All its leaves have fallen off. :-(
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 2
Brain Laurenti Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
More water !
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.