Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. Flowers/Trees
  2. Thursday, 30 April 2015
  3.  Subscribe via email
Valerie
Hi. My husband bought me a cactus from Wal-Mart. It had a label that read "succulent". It also had a label with Rocket Farms Rainbow Tray on it. It has two purple flowers on top and long sharp spines. Can you please let me know what species of cactus this is? I'd like to know so I can take care of it properly. Thank you!
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Valerie,

We sell many different varieties of succulents to Walmart and it is difficult to identify them without seeing a picture. Here is a list of all the ones we sell.

Astrophytum
Cereus
Cleistocactus
Echinocactus
Echinopsis
Espostoa
Ferocactus
Gymnocalycium
Lobivia
Mammillaria
Notocactus
Opuntia
Parodia
Rebutia
Sulcorebutia
Trichocereus

Feel free to send a picture of your succulent and I can help you try and identify it :)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 1
Valerie Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I'm so sorry! I didn't even think to include pictures. I have two I can attach but they're a bit fuzzy. (Sorry about that!) I hope they help! Well, it's only allowing me to attach one so I'll attach the one for now.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
I'm so sorry! I didn't even think to include pictures. I have two I can attach but they're a bit fuzzy. (Sorry about that!) I hope they help! Well, it's only allowing me to attach one so I'll attach the one for now.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 4
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Thanks for the picture Valerie, it helps a lot! Your cactus is named Stetsonia coryne. The common name is toothpick cactus because of its large spines. They are native to Argentina and in the wild they can grow up to 25 feet tall!. It has been used as a living fence in some areas. For a cactus it is relatively fast growing. It does best in a bright location and should be watered when the soil is dry. Fertilize it monthly during spring and summer. It will eventually push off the purple flowers. Please let us know if you have any more questions!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.