Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. Flowers/Trees
  2. Thursday, 11 December 2014
  3.  Subscribe via email
Super User
I've bought a Christmas decor european tree from the store (please see the picture in the attachment), I read the instruction carefully but have no idea about watering the tree. The instruction only said "keep moist", but what's the meaning of "keep moist"? What about the amount of water I need to give the tree and how about the frequency? BTW, the instruction said I need to transplant the tree to larger pot after holidays, does it mean it can't grow in the small pot? Thank you very much!
Courtney Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I have a follow up question that may be related to water use.

I live in Houston, TX which is in the 9 range. I have been watching the tree I got this past Christmas season and have transplanted it to a larger pot and have been monitoring its water/moistness of the soil.

I have noticed that there seem to be some brown patches and some brown edges on the needles/branches. Any input as to what this could be caused by?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 1
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
This species can get between 10-20 feet at their maximum height. Since yours is so small right now, it will most likely take 50 years or so for it to reach its top height. In10 years it will probably be between 8-10 feet tall depending on how well it thrives.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 2
Super User Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Thank U very much for your direction. Just one more question, how tall it will grow if I plant it in the yard?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 3
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Angela,

It is better to water your tree thoroughly less often rather than using little water more often. Water until you notice it leaking out of the bottom of the grow pot. Make sure you allow all the water to drain all the way out of the pot. If your plant is left in standing water the roots will drown or develop disease. Since your tree is in a small pot right now, you will probably need to water fairly often. Remove the tree from the pot and feel the soil. When it begins to dry out that is the time to water again. Depending on climate the soil may dry out in a day or take multiple days. Also since your tree is in a small pot right now there is not much room for the roots to grow. Your tree will not be able to grown in that pot for very long and will need to be transplanted. When transplanting, move up one pot size. If you transplant your small tree into a large pot right away there will be too much soil compared to roots and managing water will be difficult. Let me know if I can answer any other questions!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.