Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. Flowers/Trees
  2. Sunday, 28 September 2014
  3.  Subscribe via email
Super User
I bought one of your miniature rose pots in February. It only had a generic nursery label, the variety label was missing. We enjoyed it inside until spring, then carefully separated the five tiny bushes and planted them at the foot of a "Brandy" tree or patio rose where they have thrived and are much admired.

I am embarrassed that I am unable to tell my rose growing friends what it is so they can buy their own.

The white/cream blend or apricot bloom (cooler weather) has a perfect hybrid tea form. At times it looks like a white/yellow blend (hot weather) flower about 2" with slightly ruffled petal edges at maturity and (to me) strong scent. No folded petals or ugly flat rosette or saucer shape on mature blooms so often found on miniatures.

Through the very hot summer it has continued to bloom profusely. It is disease free and has grown to between 18" & 24" tall. Cut flowers last and last where others dry out in 24 hours and they keep their scent. Its only negative is some pinkish red spotting after rain which is so common & minor as to barely deserve mention.

It looks like the picture of "Danielle" on your website but the "Danielle" sold everywhere else in the US is bright pink. Could it be Pandora?
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Lawrence,

Glad to hear you are having such success with your rose! Did you purchase this rose in a 4" pot? It sounds to me like you have the variety "Daniella." We get our varieties from the breeder Poulsen Roser and "Daniella" is a highly scented variety that we used to grow. The coloring you described sounds a lot like "Daniella." Below is a link to the variety on the Poulsen website which may help you confirm that it is the variety you have.

http://www.poulsenroser.com/assortment/rose-collections/patiohit/daniella-hit.aspx
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 1
Super User Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Thank you for your reply. I see where my confusion arose.

On your website the variety is given as Danielle which is a bright pink mini, and obviously a typo since you tell me you grow Daniella.

Yes that is my rose, bought in a 4" pot, a present from me to me, separated out and planted in the spring and been a joy and delight ever since.

I hope you will have them available for next Valentines Day.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 2
Iris Cohen Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I'm looking for the name of the one with red and white stripes.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 3
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
The variety with the red and white stripes is called Gigi
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.