Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. Flowers/Trees
  2. Sunday, 17 August 2014
  3.  Subscribe via email
Deborah
Just got a little Rocket Farms succulent garden from Whole Foods (photo attached). It will get plenty of natural light in my kitchen window. Two questions: (1) Is there soil in this container or just the mossy looking matter I see from the top? (2) When/how to water it and is there anything else I should know to be able to enjoy it for a long time.
Attachments (1)
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Bob,

Your painted succulent is an Echeveria. Succulents love light, so keep them in your garden or in a sunny window that receives light for the majority of the day. They will grow fine in room temperature or warmer, but do not do well in frost. Water your succulent when the media is almost dry to the touch. They are tolerant to drought and will not benefit from too much water. If your container does not have a drainage hole, water in small amounts and make sure not to oversaturate the soil. If the roots sit in water for a long period of time they will drown.

Thank you!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 1
Robert N. Latsch Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I have in my possession a Rocketfarms Painted succulent. what can you tell me about it and how to care for it?
I know that this can be similar to a catus and does not need a lot of water.
I assume that it needs plenty of sunlight.
I also assume that it cannot be kept outdoors like many plants during a northern Ohio winter.
Can you tell me what the Genus and species is

thanks,

Bob
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 2
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Deborah,

Succulents are great house plants to have becasue they do not need much water and are relatively easy to grow. They love sun, so keep it in a window that will have full sun for the majority of the day. Water your succulents once the growing media is dry to the touch. This will prbably be around once a week or once every two weeks depending on climate. If there is a hole in the bottom of the pot, water throughouly until you see wate rrunning out the bottom of the pot. If there is no hole, use a small amount of water so as not to flood the media. As for the media in the pot, there may be rocks or soil under the moss. You can work your finger under the moss to find out what is there. If it is rocks or more moss, you will have to water your succulent more often since the media will dry out quicker.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.