Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. Flowers/Trees
  2. Saturday, 21 June 2014
  3.  Subscribe via email
Super User
I recently received two of your orchids. As part of my hobby I enjoy identifying orchid hybrids and their cultivars. I read on your website that you actively develop your own hybrids. I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind identifying this cultivar of yours?

Alright I can't figure out how to upload pictures. My orchid is pictured at your website >flowers> orchids> photo gallery. Solid yellow petals, pink at the column, patterned 2 lower sepals, reddish lip. I am not referring to the one that is (similar to) I-hsin yellow leopard 'stars'.
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Sure I can help you identify specific varieties!I talked with our orchid grower about that variety from our website and it is called 'Sin Yuan golden beauty.' To upload pictures, you click on the square icon that looks like a picture of a tree. It is located above the text box where the smiley faces are. You can then browse through your files and select the picture you want to upload.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 1
Super User Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Alright can you help me with this one, the picture isn't the best but it looks like i-hsin yellow leopard stars (which I found randomly, online). It is a pale yellow, almost yellow-green, with stripping and spotting of a red velvet color. Also sold by you. In the same strip of pictures I Directed you to for golden beauty, it is third down from golden beauty.
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
It is difficult to tell based on this picture since we have many varieties that look similar to this one, but our grower thinks that it is most likely a variety called LY8. I attached a picture for you to compare yours to. If it looks different for the picture in person, you can tell us if the pot size is 4" or 4.5", which would help narrow down the variety. You can try and send another picture, which may help as well.
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
That is the variety we have. LY8 is the actual hybrid name? Was this hybrid developed by Rocket Farms/
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
LY8 is the variety name that the orchid breeder gives the variety. We purchase young orchids from breeders in Taiwan who are constantly creating new hybrids of various varieties. We visit our breeders multiple times a year to see what new varieties and hybrids are being developed. We may recieve one variety with several different hybrids that have slight differences. It is very difficult to trace a variety back to the hybrid number that they come in with since often there is no visual difference between them.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Alright, just want to clarify: I can mark this as Phalaenopsis LY8, or is it Phalaenopsis (some hybrid name) LY8.

What I mean is: is this a Phalaenopsis LY8 or Phalaenopsis Yellow Zebra LY8 --as an example?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
You should mark it Palaenopsis LY8. 'LY8' is similar to a name like 'Sin Yuan golden beauty'. Hybrids are identified through a specific numeric code that comes with a shipment of plants. We may get multiple shipments of LY8 that all look very similar, but have different codes on the labels.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Flowers/Trees
  3. # 7
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.