Welcome to the Rocket Farms Forum.

Thank you for visiting. Our Support Forum is for all users. To post a question you must become a registered user. Once registered, login and ask away.
  1. General
  2. Tuesday, 29 April 2014
  3.  Subscribe via email
Ann Hartman
I purchased a small bonsai plant. Instructions say to gently life plant in grower pot from bonsai dish. Water throughly and let excess water drain. Plant is secure in the bonsai dish, all rock are secure in the pot. How to get it out of ceramic dish to water is the question.
Ann Hartman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Yes and I let it drain in the sink for 3 hours. Hope it lives a long life this way.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Support wrote:

If there is a hole in the ceramic dish, this should allow enough drainage for the bonsai. If you cannot remove the plant from the dish, your bonsai will be okay as long as the water drains from the bottom. Have you watered it yet while it is in the dish?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 2
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
If there is a hole in the ceramic dish, this should allow enough drainage for the bonsai. If you cannot remove the plant from the dish, your bonsai will be okay as long as the water drains from the bottom. Have you watered it yet while it is in the dish?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
The bonsai is not in a growers pot only in a ceramic dish and it has a large hole in the bottom of the dish. The rocks are resoned in and stuck to the ceramic dish. how do I get the reson and the dish
seperated.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 4
Support Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
The reason that the bonsai needs to be removed from the ceramic dish is to allow the water to drain out of the soil. If the plant is left to sit in water for a long period of time, this will cause problems with the plant's roots. Is your bonsai in a grower pot with drainage holes and set in a ceramic dish without holes? If so, pull the grower pot from the dish or gently pull the bonsai if you cannot get a hold of the grower pot. You may need to try a few different angles and jiggle the plant to dislodge it, but it is important for it to get properly drained. I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.