- Company: Rocket Farms, Inc.
- Position: National Account Manager
- Location: Based out of Southern California
(Location can be in or near: San Diego, Vista, Orange County, Los Angeles, etc.)
Who We Are:
A company of farmers, thinkers and innovators growing, creating and distributing cool fresh products. We are a certified MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) with deep roots in our communities.
Leading The Way:
We are the leading wholesale grower of indoor living flowers and culinary herbs in the nation with deep heritage and over 70 years of experience. We ship over 22M pots annually!
What You Will Do - Position Summary:
Based out of Southern California, the National Account Manager is responsible for strategically overseeing all sales needs of Rocket Farms Inc. major assigned accounts and ensuring that short- and long-term strategic goals are being met. The NAM’s duties include but are not limited to overseeing business reviews as needed and strategically partnering with accounts to set monthly, quarterly and annual sales and revenue goals, nurturing customer relations and representing Rocket Farms Inc. at tradeshows and other industry functions.
Business Travel- 45%
- Partner with VP, Sales and assigned major accounts to develop and execute strategic plans pertinent to yearly sales and profitability targets within customer base/market segment-region.
- Develop, plan, attend and lead company presentations to existing customers and new customers.
- Analyze sales performance goals and create programs to achieve goals by month, quarter, and/or year.
- Partner with other assigned National Account Manager’s to manage entire sales account process, order entry, product allocation, logistics and delivery confirmation.
- Manage product commodity, understanding trends in volumes and pricing throughout season, allocating orders accurately.
- Partner with the Marketing and Operations Departments for any product development needs as requested by accounts/customers.
- Maintain a high-level of understanding of market driven intelligence regarding competitive pricing, products, and packaging innovation, and understanding customer’s strategies
- Partner with Customer Support team and other departments to ensure the highest level of customer service and communication is given to assigned accounts/customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
What We Are Looking For - Requirements:
- B.S., B.A in Business or related field
- 5+ years of sales – strategic account management experience in consumer goods/grocery industry with strong preference for floral and/or produce – perishable category experience required
- 3+ years of indirect and direct supervisory experience and ability to get work done through others
- Demonstrated success in building sales and managing multi-level projects
- Aptitude to acquire and assimilate new information and transform into business insights by leveraging internal and customer data and industry trends
- Ability to travel for customer management trade shows, industry events, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Outlook, Excel, PPT, Word, etc.)
- Ability to prepare and present sales presentations utilizing various internet-based systems such as CRM, EDI, Syndicated Scan – Category Management data
- Previous experience using ERP systems, NAV experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments and teams
We are a privately held, middle market organization. Our culture is fast paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative – made up of passionate and intelligent individuals, who are highly motivated as a team to drive the company and future capabilities forward with positive energy and excitement.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and color vision.