The Operations Manager is responsible for providing leadership to all areas related to Production (Select/Harvest and Packing), Internal Transportation and Labor needs at Rocket Farms Inc., Half Moon Bay, CA. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for multiple site activity management and coordination, ensuring that short and long term strategic and tactical plans are being met. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure that soft and hard goods are available and transported to scheduled departments for customer order packing and shipping execution, communicating with logistics, sales and customer support on crop and materials availability, packing order fulfillment, meeting labor needs in all areas of operations as well as ensuring that all internal transportation schedules are being met.
Business Travel- 25%
- Effectively plan, lead and manage all selection, harvest, internal transportation, packing and contract labor needs to ensure long and short term strategic objectives are being met.
- Lead and provide support to production supervisors, internal labor coordinators, crew leads and others on a daily basis to ensure that all assigned tasks are completed on time and to specification.
- Partner cross-functionally with other departments to plan, coordinate and execute all customer orders. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: communication of crop availability, updating ERP system to track orders, transportation and labor needs, as well as communicate daily on production and or operation changes to other departments as needed.
- Responsible for coordination of all daily cross-departmental labor allocation at Rocket Farms, Inc., especially during peak seasons.
- Responsible for supporting and providing oversight to all operations and properties including south property HMB, Salinas and other third party locations as may exist from time to time. Support includes, but is not limited to: providing support to Orchids Grower Manager, properly staffing labor, providing quality assessment and training for proper packing and shipping of all orders related to these secondary sites.
- Manage and ensure that all information being entered in RTS, Ultipro, ACME and Navision is accurate and timely.
- Maintain constant product quality environment across all phases of execution. Communicate quality performance issues to all partners primarily operations crew members, growers and Customer Service/Sales representatives.
- Partner with transportation department to create and or update daily and weekly truck drivers, forklift drivers and other heavy equipment schedules and tasks. Communicate such information accordingly.
- Develop key operating metrics, goals and periodic reporting in support of continuous improvement objectives.
- Develop and maintain accurate and timely material movement transaction processes in support of real time inventory accuracy.
- Drive operational improvement through process assessment, design and effective change management and training.
- Participate actively in the Workplace Safety Committee at Rocket Farms, Inc. Develop, implement and monitor departmental safety programs.
- Participate actively in the Food Safety Committee at Rocket Farms, Inc. Develop, implement and monitor departmental compliance programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent and or previous on the job training required
- 10+ years’ experience in an operation, production or manufacturing field required
- 7+ years’ experience supervising others and leading various functions simultaneously required
- Ability to work in fast paced environment requiring quick analysis, decision making and deliberate execution
- Intermediate to Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems (Navision preferred) and other internal tracking systems
- Previous experience partnering and working with farm labor contractors and other temporary personnel agencies
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
- Very Good/Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to work cross-functionally, multi-task and excellent problem solver
- Forklift and other heavy equipment, train-the-trainer certification a definite plus
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as needed
- Clear DMV record. Must maintain eligibility for company sponsored vehicle insurance
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and occasionally required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.