The Horticulture Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing assigned projects for core crops at Rocket Farms, Inc. The intern will work closely with a Grower Manager to work on projects related to: experiments, timing photo studies, crop protocols, crop manuals and other process improvement projects.
- Coordinate and oversee herb trials (media, fertilizer, and light trials). This includes making sure tasks at each stage are done on time (spacing and pinching) and assessing and documenting quality (fresh weight, disease resistance, growth habit, etc.) and timing;
- Coordinate and oversee herb variety trials (trial new herb varieties);
- Responsible for conducting post-harvest trials on herb experiments and new varieties;
- Document crop protocols and timing for herbs;
- Assist with EC and pH measurements and recording;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- College student in Junior or Senior year in an Agricultural or Horticultural program. Recently graduated from college can also apply.
- Previous experience working in a nursery or production environment
- Demonstrated interest in Operational practices, Horticulture and or Agriculture
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish) but not necessary.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
- Advanced analytical skills
- Willingness to learn, ability to work independently and work cross-functionally with other team members
- Self-starter and motivated is a must