The Horticulture Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing assigned projects for core crops at Rocket Farms, Inc. The intern will work closely with a Grower Manager to work on projects related to: the rose program, experiments, coordination and follow up of research and development of new crop trials, and documentation of research and development trials.
- Coordinate, oversee, and document various R&D trials: cultural trials, new crop trials, and other horticultural trials. This includes making sure tasks at each stage of a trial are done on time, assessing and documenting growing protocols of the trial, and timing assessment of the trials;
- Responsible for conducting post-harvest trials on experiments and weekly post harvest trials of core crops;
- Assist the growing process in the rose range. This includes checking daily climate measurements, submitting weekly reports related to the roses, EC/ pH reporting, following up with cutting quality, or other rose related growing trials;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Recently graduated from college or student in Senior year in an Agricultural/Horticultural program or related field.
- Previous experience working in a nursery or production environment
- Demonstrated interest in Operational practices, Horticulture and or Agriculture
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish) but not necessary.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
- Advanced analytical skills
- Willingness to learn, ability to work independently and work cross-functionally with other team members
- Self-starter and motivated is a must