This position will oversee the on-time execution of key growing activities such as spacing, pruning, moving and dumping and labor management for the whole company.
- Very close coordination and communication with Grower Managers. This position will be responsible to budget and forecast labor on a weekly basis to ensure proper and effective execution of all growing activities.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of crop activities such as laying down, moving, spacing, pinching, staking and tying, housekeeping, consolidating, and dumping.
- Validate inventories after transactions such as moving, spacing and dumps have been completed in the field. Perform spot check to validate if data in the system is consistent with physical crop location in the greenhouses.
- Make sure labor is deployed in the most efficient and effective way
- Supervise that crops scrapped are recorded accurately and on time in the system.
- Ensure all crop batches has their “Growing Label” at all times, from laydown to shipping
- Coordinate daily meetings with Growers to ensure proper execution of activities.
- Help with the implementation of an automated task management system.
- Help on any other activities designated as needed by the supervisor, including but not limited to biological control, trials, and flagging crops.
- Promote a culture of safety and if needed initiate corrective actions with employees.
- Prepare reports for growers regarding farm conditions, crop yields, machinery breakdowns, or labor problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and or previous on the job training required
- 3-5 years of experience in the nursery industry
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong sense of Team Work and Customer Service
- Good Leadership and management skills
- Strong planning skills
Be reliable, self-driven, responsible, and dependable, to fulfilling obligations
- Ability to work in fast paced and ever changing environment requiring quick analysis, decision making and deliberate execution
- Able to work in greenhouse environment
- Clear DMV record. Must maintain eligibility for company sponsored vehicle insurance
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.