- Job Title: Engineer
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
About Rocket Farms:
At Rocket Farms, we are an agile company of growers, entrepreneurs and innovators who create value-added living plants and foods that enhance health, happiness and the quality of life. We create fashionable live plants and delicious living foods that enhance the quality of life for our consumers and our employees, grown and developed on our indoor farm in beautiful Half Moon Bay, California.
We are a privately held, middle market organization. Our culture is fast paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative – made up of passionate and intelligent individuals, who are highly motivated as a team to drive the company and future capabilities forward with positive energy and excitement.
As Rocket Farms Engineer, you will join the Maintenance team to maintain our existing facilities while assisting in plan and execution for expansion. You will plan, design, and oversee the installation, commissioning, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, and structures at our offices and production greenhouse facilities. This role will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the future growth of all of our facilities.
- Oversee the design, construction and qualification of a new facility projects across Rocket Farms.
- Structures an organization to assist in the construction and long-term operation of the our sites, including but not limited to: facilities, project engineering, metrology, site services, reliability engineering, CQV and plant engineering.
- Generates, plans and executes multi-project plan which meets financial and manufacturing targets.
- Provides direction on equipment design, procurement, installation, commissioning and validation.
- Provides direction on new building design, clean-room design, automation infrastructure design and general site related projects.
- Supports the generation of structured work-plans and consistently works to improve department workflow and standards.
- Works closely with Horticulture, Quality, Manufacturing, Validation, Facilities and Site Management to execute projects without impeding production.
- Manages monthly roll-up of project budgets and expense budget associated with process equipment repairs.
- Evaluates “facility fit” for new projects / processes and develops estimates for any required modifications or additional equipment loads.
- Provides technical evaluation and input for Quality Assurance initiatives.
- Works closely with finance to meet financial targets of each individual project and the site from a capital and general expense perspective.
- Understands client relationships and assists site leadership team in securing new business at the site.
- Works with partners to understand their needs and manages the technical relationship with partners.
- Ensure all projects are executed with the highest level of planning and safety to prevent injuries and downtime.
- A BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, or related discipline with at least 2 years of engineering or manufacturing experience (preferably in greenhouse manufacturing operations).
- Independent thinker, who with little oversight, can identify and diagnose problems, and implement appropriate and sustainable solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a positive attitude and the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds and experiences.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Available to perform after hours and weekend work, including being on-call.