This position will oversee the on time execution of key growing activities such as spacing, pruning, moving and dumping.
- Responsible for laying down, moving, spacing, pinching, stake and tie, housekeeping, consolidating, and dumping crops.
- Directly supervises and evaluates 20-50 employees depending on season.
- Validate inventories after transactions such as moving, spacing and dumps have been completed in the field. Perform spot check to validate if data in the system is consistent with physical crop location in the greenhouses.
- In coordination with the Grower this position will be responsible to budget and forecast labor on a weekly basis to ensure proper and effective execution of all growing activities.
- On a weekly basis plan and prioritize main activities and tasks for the following weeks so resources are used in the most efficient and effective way
- Use efficiently the reason codes for dumping and supervise the accurate recording in the system.
- Ensure all crop batches has their “Growing Label” at all times, from laydown to shipping
- Coordinate weekly crop walks with Growers to ensure proper execution of activities.
- Help with the implementation of an automated task management system.
- Help on any other activities designated as needed by the Grower, including but not limited to biological control, trials, and flagging crops.
- Promote a culture of safety and if needed initiate corrective actions with employees.
- Prepare reports for growers regarding farm conditions, crop yields, machinery breakdowns, or labor problems.
- Train workers in techniques such as weeding, or insect identification.
- 2-3 year of experience in the nursery industry.
- Strong sense of Team Work and Customer Service
- Good Leadership and management skills
- Basic knowledge on Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Be open to changes and challenges
- Able to work in greenhouse environment
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred but not required
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.