The position is responsible for shipment management and executing the supporting paperwork for all domestic and international shipping in transportation function, and supporting procurement function in purchase orders, item code data entry, and material request on inventory distribution. Key duties include, expediting and monitoring proper routing, vendor communications, and all applicable documents. In addition, this position provides a high level of administrative support including scheduling appointments and travel arrangements for executive management on behalf of the President.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prints, sorts and distributes all paperwork including labels for outbound orders, collects all supporting documents for daily order posting.
- Insures shipment tracking & tracing and other inquiries and special requests are relayed to correct personal.
- Support & perform other related duties as required and assigned by supervisor.
- Track product delivery status: Coordinate with custom brokers, trucking companies, and shippers for the latest delivery status, and our internal receiving team.
- Create and update material and product item master, including bill of material, dimensions, carton codes, UPCs, item groupings, costing, etc.
- Review material requirement via System MRP and prepare order request paperwork to allocate inventory to the correct functions and/or departments.
- Assist with company events as needed
- Screen phone calls and manage and schedule appointments for President
- Coordinate and maintain schedule and travel arrangements
- Expense administration
- Coordinate Executive Committee meetings, special events, customer meetings, internal team meetings and all hospitality events; including logistics and catering needs.
- Assist with the overall appearance of the office and facility.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- 2 year college degree strongly preferred
- Advanced computer experience required
- Ability to work long hours during peak shipping periods including weekends
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to continuous change
- Use independent judgment to analyze problems and to implement appropriate solutions
- Effectively interact with individuals at all levels within and outside the company
- Establish and follow priorities
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Team player & well-organized
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.