The Irrigator and Sprayer I is responsible for performing various tasks to aid the cultivation plants as directed by the Grower. The Sprayer performs daily duties such as, but not limited to, irrigation, mixing chemicals and fertilizers, spraying chemicals and assisting department with other duties such table moving and minor repairs on machinery and/or irrigation system to ensure that crops are finished on timely manner and with minimal losses.
- Be able to learn, understand and manage the irrigation programs through the climate control system.
- Responsible for irrigating assigned plants by hand when needed.
- Responsible for the understanding and basic knowledge about the use of pesticides (fungicides, insecticides, PGR’s, biologicals etc.) and its applications.
- Scouting for diseases, pests and crop related issues and immediately report to the grower
- Mix and spray chemicals on plants as directed.
- In charge of keeping “Spray Signs” current.
- Responsible for the basic maintenance and repair of irrigation systems, spraying machines and other minor equipment. Report major maintenance issues to Grower and Maintenance Team.
- Ensure proper growing environment for assigned plants by opening or closing vents, doors and shade cloths as instructed.
- Perform Greenhouse(s) housekeeping duties such as, but not limited to: weeding, sweeping, bench preparation, etc.
- Assist with crop maintenance activities such as, not limited to: plant selection, plant spacing, plant pinching, etc.
- Attend mandatory trainings as they are scheduled by their supervisor.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- 1- 2 years of experience working in greenhouses, irrigation, spraying, growing fields or related
- Intermediate written and oral communication
- Ability to read and understand manuals and operating procedures
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Ability to work with others in team and independently.
- Willingness to train new prospects on basic irrigation and spraying responsibilities
- Flexibility to work some weekends and overtime during the weekdays
- Must be able to pass medical respiratory and general physical exam
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.