- Job Title:Warehouse Receiving Lead
- Job Classification: Regular Full Time
- Job Status: Year-Round, Non-Exempt
- Department: Supply Chain
- Reports To: Transportation Manager
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
- Date: August 2018
The Warehouse Receiving Lead is responsible for unloading trucks with hard goods and perishable goods by forklift, pallet jack or by hand, and driving a company truck to transport materials when needed. Will inspect and verify counts with shipping documentation, distribute materials to the appropriate department or location. Primary responsibilities are to control the inventory movement of warehouse items within and between departments (Bins) in relation to the rest of the Location. Ensure that all materials are properly received, put away, and accounted for. Responsible for physical count of all nursery supplies. Will coordinate and organize all warehouse activities and equipment used while maintaining the integrity of materials stored. Required to make accurate and timely decisions regarding any and all receiving and warehouse functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all received goods (hard goods, live goods and materials) are put away in proper locations.
- Ensure that all material requests get picked and delivered on time.
- Provide direction to support team for the movement of products.
- On a daily basis monitor all material request orders and pick for production or other departments.
- Enter materials transactions for all goods received or transferred/reclassed, ensuring all transactions are promptly recorded in the system and turned into purchasing.
- Inspect all overseas hard goods, note and report all damages to appropriate team.
- Verify all counts received; notify appropriate team of any shortages or damages immediately.
- Conduct physical inventories monthly and oversees weekly cycle counts.
- Manage storage space in all warehouses, ensure space is properly utilized and retrieval of goods is facilitated.
- Assist in loading of trucks and process necessary shipping documents
- Maintain quality of hard goods that are stored in outside locations
- Consolidate warehouse locations and bins to store materials properly.
- Warehouse dry goods that will remain in stock.
- Clean up warehouse area as needed.
- Assist purchasing agents or A/P with any questions on receiving reports.
- Answer phone calls, emails, regarding incoming shipments or materials in stock.
- Work safely and responsibly at all times. Report all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor/ department head.
- High School Diploma, GED or 2+ years of related work experience required
- Intermediate Microsoft Business Suite knowledge
- ERP knowledge Preferred
- Forklift Certified
- Ability to work extended hours, including some weekends during peak periods
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to continuous change
- Effective communication verbally and in writing
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Team player and excellent organizational skills
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.