- Job Title: Senior Product and Design Manager
- Job Classification: Regular, Full Time
- Job Status: Exempt
- Department: Marketing
- Reports To: President & COO, Rocket Farms, Inc.
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
Who We Are:
An ag-tech company of thinkers, farmers, and innovators growing, creating, and distributing unique, high-quality designer indoor potted plants. We are a certified MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) with deep roots in our communities.
Leading The Way:
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, we are the nation’s leading wholesale grower of potted floral, foliage, edibles, and culinary herbs servicing both national and regional retailers, including Walmart, Costco, Kroger, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and more.
Best in Class Products and Practices:
Dedicated to horticultural excellence and inspired design. Our three pillars are innovation, speed, and scale.
A Healthy and Happy Lifestyle:
More than just plants and flowers, our products enhance the quality of life.
What You Will Do - Position Summary:
As the Senior Product and Design Manager, you will be responsible for creating a clearly defined strategy for the development and execution of new and on-trend consumer products, as well as enhancing the current product lines in partnership with Horticulture, Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, Planning, and Finance to satisfy all company’s objectives. Possessing creative and technical design abilities, you will lead the design concept and product development of a wide variety of decorative components and packaging across various product categories for the company’s proprietary brands and exclusive private label partnerships.
The Senior Product and Design Manager’s responsibilities will also include motivating, managing, and developing your team. Additionally, you will champion projects and support cross-functional teams to ensure successful go-to-market execution, and manage the day-to-day operations of the assigned product category, including the different aspects of the product lifecycle.
Business travel 20% required, both foreign and domestic.
- Develop and execute product design strategies, product development projects, and GTM campaigns for Rocket Farms, Inc.
- Drive innovation and consumer relevance into product offerings with a keen eye for design and current trends to maximize customer performance across retail channels and consumer touchpoints.
- Execute design concepts with vendors and suppliers and ensure timely execution of high-quality products within budget.
- Lead and manage product development process across all GTM campaigns and effectively interface with cross-functional teams from concept to market.
- Support Sales in customer meetings, present design concepts, and interface with customers on private label program development and executions.
- Gather market data on key trends through trade shows, trade associations, analysis, etc., and integrate concepts and findings into product strategies, campaigns, and offerings.
- Manage the professional development of two direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Design, or related fields, with a minimum of 7 years of experience executing product development against company strategies.
- Knowledge of product design, development, and manufacturing processes within Consumer Package Goods, Horticulture, Fashion, or related industries.
- Demonstrated leader with excellent project management skills and ability to foster teamwork internally and externally to accomplish projects on time.
- Experienced in budget management, cost strategy execution, and vendor negotiation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work under pressure in an environment with constant change.
- Experience with, and ability to manage multiple and overseas vendors.
- Must have a creative spirit to shake up conventional ways of thinking with a passion for design and home décor.
- Two or more years of successful people management of marketing/design professionals.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office Suite skills required, proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) preferred.
- Valid U.S. Passport or ability to obtain one required.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close distance and color vision.
*This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed in the Position Summary are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated. Employees interested in learning more about the essential duties and responsibilities of this position should complete the Position Interest Form and submit it to the Human Resources Department.