- Job Title: Procurement Coordinator
- Job Classification: Regular, Full Time
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Department: Purchasing
- Reports To: Sr. Purchasing Manager
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
Rocket Farms’ Supply Chain is looking for a detail-oriented and highly motivated individual, a fast learner, and a team player to grow with the Purchasing Team in this unique industry.
The Procurement Coordinator is responsible for processing procurement related paperwork, running daily material replenishment reports to allocate supplies to the correct functions and/or departments to support daily manufacturing activities, data keeping of proper inventory records, in-person interaction and coordination on various sample packages among the facility, and replenishing growing materials and horticultural supplies for the company, with close collaboration with Purchasing, Receiving, Transportation, Planning, Horticulture, Operation, Sales Order Entry, and Cost Accounting Teams.
- Continuously monitor all supply inventory to ensure timely fulfillment of production requirement. Execute daily material request planning reports to allocate packaging hardgoods supplies from receiving warehouse to operation packing lines and follow up misc. reclass and transfer order to ensure system data up to date. Arrange hardgoods inventory movement to support last minute packing facility changes.
- Update system daily assembly order substitution materials per Operation Team’s records and assembly BOM on product mix per Planning Team’s requests.
- Resolve sales order shipment posting inventory issues by inventory adjustment and reclass.
- Coordinate company transfer orders among different facilities and up-keep system transfer order records.
- Compile weekly and monthly inventory reports in support of operation team’s cycle count and inventory scrap activities. Keep system data up to date and reconcile inventory at month end, including contract grower/packer’s inventory analysis to assist proper month-end closing.
- Coordinate seasonal packaging test with an understanding of sales orders, product Bill of Materials, and data maintenance.
- Process purchase orders in support of purchasing team, constant coordination with company Purchasing, Receiving, Operation, Accounting Teams, and outside suppliers, custom brokers, and/or contract growers/packers.
- Monitor and identify any order fulfillment discrepancies on loss and defects from the suppliers to take corrective actions, compile vendor credit claim reports with supporting pictures, and follow up claim status.
- Stay on top of product delivery status including growing materials and packaging hardgoods. Coordinate with custom brokers, trucking companies, and shippers for the latest delivery status. Notify Receiving, Horticulture, and Operation Teams for physical receiving and/or Purchasing Team for delivery delay and trouble shooting.
- Asist Purchasing Team in product development by verifying receipts of product samples and coordinate needed outbound sample packages.
- Backfill and support team member functions to ensure no disruption of company business in facility purchasing and UPC printing requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- A.A. Degree required. Business, Supply Chain, Horticulture, or related field preferred
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working with numbers, Excel spreadsheets, various data reports
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated with curiosity to learn about our business
- Multi-tasking, detail oriented, well organized, and team player, and follow instructions
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.