- Job Title: A/P Specialist
- Job Classification: Regular, Full Time
- Job Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Department: Accounting
- Reports To: Accounting Manager
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, the A/P Specialist is responsible for accounting functions and managing administrative details related to accounts payable. The Accounts Payable Specialist works both under the direction of the Accounting Manager and independently to manage tasks and assignments in a timely manner to meet company deadlines and goals and ensure accounts payable are processed according to company policies and procedures.
- Sort and open daily mail delivery.
- Verify Purchase Order and Receipts on invoices.
- Send invoices to appropriate people for approval.
- Communicate with vendors and purchasers (both electronically and on the phone) regarding invoice approvals and outstanding balances.
- Cross reference vendor statements.
- Review past due purchase orders.
- Post to accounts payable system and issue weekly check run.
- Prepare and submit weekly wire and ACH payments to the bank.
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing.
- File documentation related to work duties.
- Assist with requests for information from other departments.
- Assist with requests for information from Auditors.
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma required.
- Three years or more accounts payable work experience required.
- Detail - oriented and able to manage and post large volume of data with speed and accuracy.
- Able to plan, organize, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Able to establish and maintain efficient filing and record retention of financial documents.
- Strong computer skills including experience with ERP accounting systems and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, Microsoft Windows.
- Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Navision ERP experience preferred, not required.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close distance and color vision.
*This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed in the Position Summary are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated. Employees interested in learning more about the essential duties and responsibilities of this position should complete the Position Interest Form and submit it to the Human Resources Department.