- Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager
- Job Classification: Regular, Full Time
- Job Status: Exempt
- Department: Marketing
- Reports To: President & COO, Rocket Farms, Inc.
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for development and execution of a clearly defined marketing and communications strategy for Rocket Farms, Inc., in partnership with the Sales Vice Presidents. Provides inspiration, leadership and structure for the marketing team while measuring successes. Continuously improves product design and marketing mix to maximize consumer sales across a range of marketing channels and customer touchpoints. Company representative as needed to collaborate with Sales team. Business travel 25% required, both foreign and domestic.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Create and carry out marketing strategy for Rocket Farms, Inc., Rocket Farms Herbs, Inc.
- Provide mentorship, inspire, and manage marketing team of up to five employees
- Pursue fashionable, fresh, and unique product marketing ideas to increase sales
- Respond to and develop creative partner relationships with external agencies
- Responsible for evolving the brand and “telling the story” as created by Rocket Farm’s external public relations firm.
- Member of Rocket Farms, Inc. senior leadership team.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or closely related field required.
- Minimum of five years executing against company strategies in the horticulture industry preferred, floriculture experience desired.
- Two to five years successful people management of marketing professionals. Ability to successfully collaborate with sales professionals.
- Advanced level Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Two to five years global trade show, consumer brand partner relationship experience.
- Must have a creative spirit to shake up conventional ways of thinking.
- Data-driven and analytical mindset necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Self-directed leader able to prioritize effectively.
- Must maintain California Driver’s License and eligibility for company vehicle insurance.
- Valid U.S. Passport required.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close distance and color vision.
*This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed in the Position Summary are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated. Employees interested in learning more about the essential duties and responsibilities of this position should complete the Position Interest Form and submit it to the Human Resources Department.