- Position:Inventory Planner Brokerage
- Location: Vista, CA
Who We Are:strong> An ag-tech company of thinkers, farmers, and innovators growing, creating, and distributing unique, high-quality designer indoor potted plants. We are a certified MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) with deep roots in our communities.
Leading The Way:strong> Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, we are the nation’s leading wholesale grower of potted floral, foliage, edibles, and culinary herbs servicing both national and regional retailers, including Walmart, Costco, Kroger, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and more.
Best in class products and practices:strong> Dedicated to horticultural excellence and inspired design. Our three pillars are innovation, speed, and scale. A healthy and happy lifestyle: More than just plants and flowers, our products enhance the quality of life.
Brokerage Hardgoods Inventory planner will develop and execute the strategies that are aligned with Rocket Farms Inc. objectives to deliver best in class category performance. The Brokerage Hardgoods Inventory Planner is responsible for driving results by managing current businesses and identifying future opportunities maximize sales and contribution margin.
- Responsible for strategy, forecasting and continual analysis of Hard Goods inventory.
- Tracks Grower's Hard Good inventory and provide weekly reports
- Process orders into deliveries for all customers, at designated ship locations, while determining availability of items for orders. Including receiving all shipping documents such as BOL and POD in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proactively communicate fulfillment issues to the internal team and escalate large issues appropriately.
- Interact with Finance and internal team to assist in end of the month inventory count
- Actively participate in weekly meetings, providing insight into opportunities as well as identifying gaps from plan and strategies to maximize category performance.
- Understand and utilize the company’s Roll up and Hard Goods planning tools.
- Forecast, review and revise hard good inventory purchase plans, overstocks and closeout items to maintain optimum inventory flow and achievement of targeted inventory turns.
- Issue weekly updates on container tracking report used to keep the business informed of current and future inventory positions, challenges, and opportunities.
- Continuously improve, refine and automate the inventory process to achieve corporate objectives
- Owns supply chain setup to ERP/MRP system in response to forecasts and target inventory levels by item.
- Own and master hard good MRP and ensure delivery of hard goods to fulfill Roll up demands/ NAV BOM and Manages the PO process beginning to end Assist and Support SC Team as needed.
- B.S. or B.A. in Business Administration or another related field recommend
- 2+ years’ experience in supply chain, inventory planning or related roles required
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and communicate these
- Valid CA Driver’s License. Must maintain eligibility for Company vehicle insurance
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close distance and color vision.
*This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed in the Position Summary are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated. Employees interested in learning more about the essential duties and responsibilities of this position should complete the Position Interest Form and submit it to the Human Resources Department.
We are in the fashion business. We set the bar high. We behave ourselves. We treat each other like family.