Professional Tribe Inc. is a company that provides business support and professional services to companies in the areas of Legal, IT, Human Resources, Finance and Accounting and Purchasing. Current customers are:
- Rocket Farms Inc., - One of the largest greenhouse growers in the country, supplying high quality indoor potted blooming foliage plants and a range of edible herbs, fruits and vegetable
- Rocket Farms Herbs Inc. – A leading supplier of fresh cut culinary herbs in the western United States
- Growers Transplanting Inc. - One of the largest and most advanced operator of greenhouse and automated transplanting technology for vegetables and fruits in the USA
Under the general supervision of the Controller, this position is responsible for creating a standard cost model, costing, and updating the costings in the BOL for all products. Preparing cost variance analysis periodically and on an ad-hoc basis. This position will work closely with the Operations Manager ensuring that the manufacturing/production departments are aware of their costs versus their budgeted costs. 10% company travel.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manage and develop Accounting employees as assigned
- Manage operational data and ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Maintain Rocket’s cost accounting program including analysis of issues to determine root cause
- Create ad hoc reports and analyses as required with Power BI and Host software
- Review cost accounting transactions for accuracy and completeness
- Supervise Inventory counts and inventory valuation for financial statements.
- Prepare documents and post month-end general ledger journal entries.
- Coordinate financial audits with the Controller and be involved in preparations as required.
- Provide leadership and facilitate cooperation between accounting and other departments
- Complete tasks and assignments in a timely manner
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Certification: CPA, CMA, IMA, CGMA or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ job experience in Costing
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Power BI or Jet, Word, & PowerPoint) Advanced level, experience with ERP software and forecasting software
- Horticulture, Produce Industry or Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must maintain eligibility for company Vehicle insurance
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk (uphill and on uneven surfaces), reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.