The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for performing specific and skilled maintenance repairs to Rocket Farms Inc. greenhouse machines and robotic systems, electric repairs and other detailed installed systems. The Specialist is also responsible for operating specific machinery such as, HVAC systems, to complete tasks.
- Responsible for managing and prioritizing assigned work/maintenance orders as needed, complete tasks and provide status of these to the department manager.
- Coordinate or complete a variety of detailed electrical and maintenance repairs for all electrical and/or robotic equipment such as, but not limited to: identifying, replacing, repairing, installing and maintaining all electrical wires, fuses, switches, motors and lighting systems. Complete correction action to those that are not working appropriately.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on moving mechanical parts such as conveyor belts and motors.
- Responsible for completing and/ or overseeing the daily work orders for plumbing requests such as, but not limited to: identifying, maintaining, repairing all plumbing systems as well as other fixtures.
- Install, maintain, and repair all automated irrigation systems, fertilizer systems, pumps, pipes as needed.
- Perform general and routine maintenance of HVAC and related mechanical equipment, replace and program thermostats, replace fans and blowers, lubricate bearings, adjust and or replace bolts, replace filters, clear blockages.
- Troubleshoot, install and/ or repair all pneumatic equipment, including air- lines.
- Perform hand bench work by operating drill presses, power saws, and other wood working machinery to build, repair rough wooden structures such as fences, greenhouse benches, and other wood or metal work.
- Provide administrative support to the Maintenance department by ordering materials needed to repair or replace machinery or other equipment.
- Work safely and responsibly at all times, wear safety equipment. Report unsafe or hazardous conditions immediately to Maintenance Manager.
- Perform other related or assigned duties by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, vocational training and/ or previous on the job training required
- 5+ years of related experience in mechanical, electrical or similar roles
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to operate heavy and specific electrical and hardware machinery
- Ability to read and thoroughly understand manuals and other procedures
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and work cross-functionally with other teams and departments
- Ability to work long hours, weekends as needed and be on call for 5 days or more
- Valid CA Drivers License. Must be eligible to maintain company sponsored insurance