The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for providing support in the maintenance of greenhouses, landscaping, construction and other equipment at Rocket Farms Inc. The specialist works cross-functionally with other teams and departments to ensure operations are running smoothly across the company at all times.
- Focus on completing tasks such as, but not limited to: digging trenches for concrete foundations and underground plumbing, drainage, electrical wiring, carpentry work, moving materials, landscaping and the effective use of tools and equipment to different work sites.
- Effectively use construction portable power tools such as skill saws, tamping hammer, jack hammer, cement cutters, electric drills, grinders, etc. and hand tools such as hammers, pliers, bolt cutters, chisels, etc. to complete assigned work orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide daily maintenance support to assigned greenhouses by replacing and or repairing equipment, materials such as: glass planes, fiberglass, racks, vents and other required materials to ensure greenhouses are operating safely.
- Responsible for assigned maintenance vehicle and its appropriate use to conduct daily assigned tasks.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on field irrigation systems, pumps pipes, fertilizer injection systems, pulse systems, air lines, CO2 lines and plumbing pipes. warehouses, and bathroom or kitchen plumbing.
- Coordinate tasks accordingly to level of importance and perform emergency work as needed.
- Work safely and responsibly at all times. This includes, the appropriate use of equipment such as: saws, hammers, drillers, grinders, etc. and wearing the appropriate protective equipment for each job as required by safety protocols. Report any hazardous conditions to the Maintenance Manager immediately.
- Build and maintain working relationships with co-workers to ensure all maintenance tasks are being met.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and/ or previous on the job training required
- 3+ years’- experience in a manufacturing, greenhouse operations, mechanical or similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with heavy equipment and machinery (i.e. chainsaws, hammers, drillers, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand manuals
- Effective communication skills, oral and written
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) required
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as needed
- Valid CA Drivers License. Must maintain eligibility for company Vehicle insurance