- Position: Customer Service Representative I
- Job Classification: Part Time
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
Who We Are: An ag-tech company of thinkers, farmers, and innovators growing, creating, and distributing unique, high-quality designer indoor potted plants. We are a certified MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) with deep roots in our communities.
Leading The Way: Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, we are the nation’s leading wholesale grower of potted floral, foliage, edibles, and culinary herbs servicing both national and regional retailers, including Walmart, Costco, Kroger, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and more.
Best in class products and practices: Dedicated to horticultural excellence and inspired design. Our three pillars are innovation, speed, and scale.
A healthy and happy lifestyle: More than just plants and flowers, our products enhance the quality of life.
The Customer Service Representative I performs wholesale center front office duties along with other duties as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Perform accurate cash handling and cashiering duties such as issuing appropriate receipts and accepting payments.
- Working the phone order desk, ensuring that all orders are taken and then set to the production crew at the proper time for pulling.
- Answering incoming phone calls, emails and faxes.
- Taking customer orders (phone, fax, email, face to face).
- POS system information maintenance.
- Continual visual monitoring of front check out area to call scanners as needed.
- Assisting with Rocket Farms product transfers.
- Point of sale sign production.
- Weekly email newsletter production.
- Maintain a clean and inviting environment for customers, to include light cleaning.
- Assist in opening and closing store..
- Accurately scan purchases, review with customer, batch and prepare purchased product and assist customers by loading products weighing up to 50lbs into their vehicles.
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all Company products and promotions.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include helping the production crew if needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent and/ or previous on the job training required
- 2+ years’ experience in customer sales and/or service required
- 2+ years’ experience in MS Office Business.
- Previous experience with cash handling or payment processing preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and in team settings.
- Ability to work and solve problems rapidly in a fast paced environment, especially during peak seasons
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts and schedules, hours ranging between 7:00AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday and Weekends 8:30AM to 5:30PM