- Position:Assistant Procurement Specialist
- Job Classification: Regular, Full Time
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Department: Purchasing
- Reports To: Sr. Purchasing Manager
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
The Assistant Procurement Specialist is responsible for processing soft goods and growing supply procurement and related paperwork as well as conduct related activities in the greenhouses, with close collaboration with the Growing/Operation Department such as but not limited to: inventory, documentation, and communication of supplies and deliveries; and with Accounting Department such as billing. This position will also assist following up open purchase orders of packaging supplies as well as tracking inventory movement, particularly related to our partner contract growers.
Business Travel- 10-20%
- Process purchase orders, file credit memos for supply loss and defects, constant coordination with suppliers, and obtain invoices and notify A/P to process payments.
- Coordinate with Growing team in space, crop schedules, maintain online packing list system, update product delivery schedule (including ETA, quantity, and locations).
- Monitor and analyze shipments per packing lists and identify any order fulfillment discrepancies from the shippers to take corrective actions.
- Scout through the products upon arrival for quality control, compile vendor credit claim reports with supporting pictures, and follow up claim status.
- Compile the orchid weekly dump report.
- Compile data of monthly PO receipts, arrival vendor credit dumps, and contract growing inventory for Accounting Department to reconcile company’s month-end financial and inventory statement.
- Stay on top of product delivery status. Coordinate with custom brokers, trucking companies, and shippers for the latest delivery status and notify company’s growing team and operation team for physical receiving and follow up on transfer orders when needed.
- Coordinate with partner contract growers on soft goods and hard goods inventory availability, movement, and demand fulfillment.
- Coordinate with Logistics team for any pick-up or delivery activities among suppliers, contract growers, and facilities.
- Review material requirement via System MRP as well as tracking the status of current open purchase orders and balance on hand.
- Continuously monitor all packaging supply inventory to ensure timely fulfillment of production requirement.
- Constant review the amount of obsolete/slow moving inventory.
- Update daily assembly orders to reflect accurate inventory consumption by packing operation team of the product Bill of Materials and substitutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- A.A. Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Horticulture or related field required
- 2+ years’ experience in data entry, administrative support or related field required
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Bilingual (English/Mandarin) preferred
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Multi-tasking, detail oriented, well organized, team player, and follow instructions
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.