Rocket Farms Herbs Inc., the leading national supplier of fresh culinary herbs to the retail and food service channels is seeking an experienced Regional Farm Manager, responsible for the overall production operations including harvesting, bulk packing, farm planning, internal transportation and managing labor needs.
The Regional Manager’s territory within California includes; Thermal, Ventura and farms within the Salinas Valley.
Business Travel- 20% of time within three hours radius in addition to once a month overnight travel to Salinas, CA.
- Lead and oversee direct reports to accomplish the successful crop production yields and quality expectations of the organization
- Forecast and plan labor for all greenhouse and farm operations
- Forecast and plan crop production and rotation
- Partner in compliance with legal regulatory requirements such as EEO, wage and hour and ADA, OSHA and work safety protocols
- Make sure labor is deployed in the most efficient and effective way
- Ability to work cross-functionally, multi task and excellent problem solver
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems (Navision preferred) and other internal tracking systems
- Bachelor Degree in Horticulture and/or Agriculture Production Management
- 10+ years of related experience in Horticulture and/or Plant Production preferably with Herbs
- Intermediate to Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word etc.)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Pesticide Certified Applicator license required
- CCOF, HAACP and Organic Certification compliance expertise required
- Local to Desert region
- Valid CA Driver’s License and maintain eligibility for company sponsored vehicle insurance
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and occasionally required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision; and color vision.