- Position: Desktop Support Specialist
- Department: IT
- Reports To: Controller
- Location: Half Moon Bay or Salinas, CA
The Desktop Support Specialist’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the firm's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, provide end-user assistance where required as well as partner with third party IT vendor. May assist the Professional Tribe IT software development team to rollout and support new software.
Key Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist all our users with any IT related issue when called upon. Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalate incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Accurately record, update, and document requests.
- Install and configure IT equipment including but not limited to desktop PCs, laptops, and VOIP phone systems.
- Resolve incidents with printers, copiers, and scanners.
- Update and maintain computer inventory and surplus equipment.
- Maintain control of firm assets including check-out laptops, and small equipment and peripherals.
- Complete new hire office setup and conduct hardware-specific training in conjunction with the IT Training team.
- Work with IT Administrator and third-party IT Vendor to identify and repair network hardware connectivity issues.
- Support testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Controller that are not specifically stated but which from time to time are necessary.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Interact with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Attend internal training and meetings to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes.
- Assist with conference room setup when necessary.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer or software technology related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in personal computer service and repair required.
- Windows experience and strong knowledge of Office 365 required.
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal relations, very good written and oral communication required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Strong customer service attitude a must!
- Ability to work well under pressure; a good problem-solver and a fast thinker.
- True team player attitude necessary.
- Ability to coordinate many issues/projects at once.
- Analytical, with strong attention to detail.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.
- Job Title: Engineer
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
About Rocket Farms:
At Rocket Farms, we are an agile company of growers, entrepreneurs and innovators who create value-added living plants and foods that enhance health, happiness and the quality of life. We create fashionable live plants and delicious living foods that enhance the quality of life for our consumers and our employees, grown and developed on our indoor farm in beautiful Half Moon Bay, California.
We are a privately held, middle market organization. Our culture is fast paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative – made up of passionate and intelligent individuals, who are highly motivated as a team to drive the company and future capabilities forward with positive energy and excitement.
As Rocket Farms Engineer, you will join the Maintenance team to maintain our existing facilities while assisting in plan and execution for expansion. You will plan, design, and oversee the installation, commissioning, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, and structures at our offices and production greenhouse facilities. This role will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the future growth of all of our facilities.
- Oversee the design, construction and qualification of a new facility projects across Rocket Farms.
- Structures an organization to assist in the construction and long-term operation of the our sites, including but not limited to: facilities, project engineering, metrology, site services, reliability engineering, CQV and plant engineering.
- Generates, plans and executes multi-project plan which meets financial and manufacturing targets.
- Provides direction on equipment design, procurement, installation, commissioning and validation.
- Provides direction on new building design, clean-room design, automation infrastructure design and general site related projects.
- Supports the generation of structured work-plans and consistently works to improve department workflow and standards.
- Works closely with Horticulture, Quality, Manufacturing, Validation, Facilities and Site Management to execute projects without impeding production.
- Manages monthly roll-up of project budgets and expense budget associated with process equipment repairs.
- Evaluates “facility fit” for new projects / processes and develops estimates for any required modifications or additional equipment loads.
- Provides technical evaluation and input for Quality Assurance initiatives.
- Works closely with finance to meet financial targets of each individual project and the site from a capital and general expense perspective.
- Understands client relationships and assists site leadership team in securing new business at the site.
- Works with partners to understand their needs and manages the technical relationship with partners.
- Ensure all projects are executed with the highest level of planning and safety to prevent injuries and downtime.
- A BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, or related discipline with at least 2 years of engineering or manufacturing experience (preferably in greenhouse manufacturing operations).
- Independent thinker, who with little oversight, can identify and diagnose problems, and implement appropriate and sustainable solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a positive attitude and the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds and experiences.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Available to perform after hours and weekend work, including being on-call.
- Position:Machine Operator I
- Job Classification: Regular, Full Time
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Non Exempt
- Department: Horticulture
- Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Reports To: Production Supervisor
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
The Machine Operator has direct oversight and responsibility for handling machinery as well as maintaining accurate records of assigned tasks pertinent to the assigned machine and the routine maintenance of the machines Additionally, the Machine Operator is responsible to help supervisor to double check quality standards to make sure activities are preformed effectively and efficiently.
- Be able to safely and efficiently operate assigned machinery including but not limited to the equipment below:
- Cutting Machines
- Potting Machines
- Bale Buster Machines
- EllePot Machines
- Seeding Machines
- Spacing Robots
- Selection Robots
- Sticking Robots
- Automatic sorting/grading systems
- Watering tunnels
- Sleeving Machines
- Boxing Machines
- Follow specific machine operating procedures as instructed and help develop Standard Operating Procedures.
- Partner with department head and crew leads to comply with the crop production standards (quality, pot size, crop size, etc.) as defined and updated as often as needed.
- Maintain accurate production and efficiency records as required.
- Set up machine and any attachments appropriate for the machine, crop and specification as defined in specific Operation/Machine Procedure.
- Ensure all machinery and attachments are functioning appropriately at all times.
- Follow daily setup and shutdown procedures to ensure a clean, well-functioning operation for the following shift. Dispense of unused crops.
- Inspect machine on a daily basis according to guidelines provided by Rocket Farms Inc. Maintenance Department.
- Properly manage machine during working shift and communicate with supervisor/lead when machinery needs maintenance.
- Maintain a clean working area on a daily basis, specifically soil and plant material must be disposed in an appropriate manner at end of shift each day.
- Effectively supervise other employees assisting in machine process to ensure safe practices and quality/production standards are being met.
- Work responsibly and safely at all times. Report unsafe or hazardous conditions immediately.
- Understand and comply with safety regulations at Rocket Farms Inc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals pertinent to machinery
- 2+ years of experience working with equipment
- Excellent communication skills, oral and verbal
- Basic Math (addition, subtraction & division) required
- Ability to work in various environment conditions such as but not limited to; warm, moist, wet areas, indoor and outdoor areas.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as needed, especially during peak seasons
- Internal certification of proficiency required.
- Job Title: Order Management Representative IV
- Job Classification: Regular, Full Time
- Job Status: Salaried, Exempt
- Department: Customer Support
- Reports To: Customer Service Manager
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
The Order Management Representative IV position is responsible for the overall support of their assigned customers both internal and external. Duties include but are not limited to, acting in an analytical capacity as a problem solver and liaison between Sales Reps, external customers and various company departments and functions.
The Order Management Representative IV must have the proven ability to write reports, business correspondence, policy/procedure manuals and to effectively communicate information in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Timely, efficient and accurate processing of new orders and order changes.
- Prepare orders for entry both electronically and via hard copy.
- Know customer order requirements at an expert level.
- Follow-up on order issues and coordinate solutions with cross functional teams.
- Effectively communicate all information pertaining to a customer order with all parties involved, i.e., transportation, sale, operations, etc., in both verbal and written from.
- Effectively report on sales trends and assist Sales Reps in order to have a complete understanding of customers buying patterns and make recommendations as needed to Sales Reps.
- Accountable for managing all order information by utilizing tools provided via system or hard copy.
- Independently solve customer issues within the established guidelines while providing exceptional customer service and support.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills that significantly enhance our service standards (the ability to take many components such as current inventory, forecast, knowledge or product movement and replenishment and apply knowledge to management of order).
- Work responsibly and safely at all times.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years minimum experience in both data entry and sales preferably in a wholesale environment.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- IBM AS400 iSeries (Power 6)/Navision preferred; or other order management software experience.
- Intermediate: 10-Key, Alphanumeric Data Entry.
- Ability to create read and analyze spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong mathematical skills, ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform these mathematical skills using money and other forms of measurement.
- Ability to use common sense understanding in order to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few known variables in situations of a routine nature.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close distance and color vision.