- Position:Irrigator/Sprayer I
- Job Classification: Regular, Full Time
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Non Exempt
- Department: Horticulture
- Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Reports To: Grower
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
- Date: August, 2017
The Irrigator and Sprayer I is responsible for performing various tasks to aid the cultivation plants as directed by the Grower. The Sprayer performs daily duties such as, but not limited to, irrigation, mixing chemicals and fertilizers, spraying chemicals and assisting department with other duties such table moving and minor repairs on machinery and/or irrigation system to ensure that crops are finished on timely manner and with minimal losses.
- Be able to learn, understand and manage the irrigation programs through the climate control system.
- Responsible for irrigating assigned plants by hand when needed.
- Responsible for the understanding and basic knowledge about the use of pesticides (fungicides, insecticides, PGR’s, biologicals etc.) and its applications.
- Scouting for diseases, pests and crop related issues and immediately report to the grower
- Mix and spray chemicals on plants as directed.
- In charge of keeping “Spray Signs” current.
- Responsible for the basic maintenance and repair of irrigation systems, spraying machines and other minor equipment. Report major maintenance issues to Grower and Maintenance Team.
- Ensure proper growing environment for assigned plants by opening or closing vents, doors and shade cloths as instructed.
- Perform Greenhouse(s) housekeeping duties such as, but not limited to: weeding, sweeping, bench preparation, etc.
- Assist with crop maintenance activities such as, not limited to: plant selection, plant spacing, plant pinching, etc.
- Attend mandatory trainings as they are scheduled by their supervisor.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- 1- 2 years of experience working in greenhouses, irrigation, spraying, growing fields or related
- Intermediate written and oral communication
- Ability to read and understand manuals and operating procedures
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Ability to work with others in team and independently.
- Willingness to train new prospects on basic irrigation and spraying responsibilities
- Flexibility to work some weekends and overtime during the weekdays
- Must be able to pass medical respiratory and general physical exam
- Position: Maintenance Specialist I
- Job Classification: Regular, Full-Time
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Department: Maintenance
- Supervisory Responsibility: No
- Reports To: Maintenance Manager
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
- Date Revised: January, 2017
The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for providing support in the maintenance of greenhouses, landscaping, construction and other equipment at Rocket Farms Inc. The specialist works cross-functionally with other teams and departments to ensure operations are running smoothly across the company at all times.
- Focus on completing tasks such as, but not limited to: digging trenches for concrete foundations and underground plumbing, drainage, electrical wiring, carpentry work, moving materials, landscaping and the effective use of tools and equipment to different work sites.
- Effectively use construction portable power tools such as skill saws, tamping hammer, jack hammer, cement cutters, electric drills, grinders, etc. and hand tools such as hammers, pliers, bolt cutters, chisels, etc. to complete assigned work orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide daily maintenance support to assigned greenhouses by replacing and or repairing equipment, materials such as: glass planes, fiberglass, racks, vents and other required materials to ensure greenhouses are operating safely.
- Responsible for assigned maintenance vehicle and its appropriate use to conduct daily assigned tasks.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on field irrigation systems, pumps pipes, fertilizer injection systems, pulse systems, air lines, CO2 lines and plumbing pipes. warehouses, and bathroom or kitchen plumbing.
- Coordinate tasks accordingly to level of importance and perform emergency work as needed.
- Work safely and responsibly at all times. This includes, the appropriate use of equipment such as: saws, hammers, drillers, grinders, etc. and wearing the appropriate protective equipment for each job as required by safety protocols. Report any hazardous conditions to the Maintenance Manager immediately.
- Build and maintain working relationships with co-workers to ensure all maintenance tasks are being met.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and/ or previous on the job training required
- 3+ years’- experience in a manufacturing, greenhouse operations, mechanical or similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with heavy equipment and machinery (i.e. chainsaws, hammers, drillers, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand manuals
- Effective communication skills, oral and written
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) required
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as needed
- Valid CA Drivers License. Must maintain eligibility for company Vehicle insurance
- Job Title:Warehouse Receiving Lead
- Job Classification: Regular Full Time
- Job Status: Year-Round, Non-Exempt
- Department: Supply Chain
- Reports To: Transportation Manager
- Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
- Date: August 2018
The Warehouse Receiving Lead is responsible for unloading trucks with hard goods and perishable goods by forklift, pallet jack or by hand, and driving a company truck to transport materials when needed. Will inspect and verify counts with shipping documentation, distribute materials to the appropriate department or location. Primary responsibilities are to control the inventory movement of warehouse items within and between departments (Bins) in relation to the rest of the Location. Ensure that all materials are properly received, put away, and accounted for. Responsible for physical count of all nursery supplies. Will coordinate and organize all warehouse activities and equipment used while maintaining the integrity of materials stored. Required to make accurate and timely decisions regarding any and all receiving and warehouse functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all received goods (hard goods, live goods and materials) are put away in proper locations.
- Ensure that all material requests get picked and delivered on time.
- Provide direction to support team for the movement of products.
- On a daily basis monitor all material request orders and pick for production or other departments.
- Enter materials transactions for all goods received or transferred/reclassed, ensuring all transactions are promptly recorded in the system and turned into purchasing.
- Inspect all overseas hard goods, note and report all damages to appropriate team.
- Verify all counts received; notify appropriate team of any shortages or damages immediately.
- Conduct physical inventories monthly and oversees weekly cycle counts.
- Manage storage space in all warehouses, ensure space is properly utilized and retrieval of goods is facilitated.
- Assist in loading of trucks and process necessary shipping documents
- Maintain quality of hard goods that are stored in outside locations
- Consolidate warehouse locations and bins to store materials properly.
- Warehouse dry goods that will remain in stock.
- Clean up warehouse area as needed.
- Assist purchasing agents or A/P with any questions on receiving reports.
- Answer phone calls, emails, regarding incoming shipments or materials in stock.
- Work safely and responsibly at all times. Report all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor/ department head.
- High School Diploma, GED or 2+ years of related work experience required
- Intermediate Microsoft Business Suite knowledge
- ERP knowledge Preferred
- Forklift Certified
- Ability to work extended hours, including some weekends during peak periods
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to continuous change
- Effective communication verbally and in writing
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Team player and excellent organizational skills
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.